If you've ever owned a 1st generation MacBook, you'll recognize this little friend. The premise of this 2.1mm DC Barrel Jack to 1st Generation MagSafe Adapter is simple. There's a MagSafe plug on one end and a 5.5mm/2.1mm DC barrel jack with center positive polarity on the other. This allows you to connect a 15-20VDC power supply to something that expects to connect to 1st gen. MagSafe.
Since you can easily destroy hardware using this adapter, Adafruit really recommend it only for experts and people who fully understand what they're getting into by pushing arbitrary voltages into their fancy computers! Use a multimeter to probe the magjack pins to verify you've got the right voltages before plugging in into your computer.
There is no regulator or voltage protection in this adapter. If you plug in an incorrect power supply or wire it backwards, you could destroy your laptop - so be really careful!
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.