This is a beefy switching supply, for when you need a lot of power! It can supply 12V DC up to 5 Amps, running from 110V or 220V power (the plug it comes with is for US/Canada/Japan but you can use any plug adapter for your country, or just replace the cable with a standard 'figure-8' cable)
The output connects to a 2.1mm DC plug. There's a green indicator light to let you know its working
These will be great for people who want to power LED strips or a lot of motors for a CNC project. Using a separate supply like this can be better than trying to modify a ATX power supply because the 12V outputs of a PC power supply is not stable across all current draws, unless you're also using the 5V supply heavily, as well.
Some customers have asked Adafruit why the label seems to say ".5A" instead of "5A" - there is a comma in front of the 5 that looks like a dot! It is really a 5A supply.
- 12V up to 5A output
- 110V-220V input
- Comes with 2-prong for US/Canada/Japan - for other countries use a basic plug adapter
- 5.5mm/2.1mm plug with approx 40 inch long cable
- Body size is 11.5cm x 5 cm x 2.5 cm
- Weight: 9.2oz / 260g
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.