New data sheet now available here
Support documentation available here
Incredible results over 3Km using a pair on standard whip antennas using a PICAXE on the openmicros forum here
New - 2.54mm break out board available see other items
Been looking for an easy to use wireless module for your prototypes? One with superior range (upto 1Km), greater in building penetration, lower current consumption and lower cost? We think the XRF might be what you have searched for.
The communication of the device is normal serial, it transparently passes characters to and from XRF's. You don't need to do CRC's, any error checking etc it's all done for you.
XBee socket friendly 2 x 10 pin 2mm pitch layout RF module, in many projects it'll be a drop in replacement for series 1 XBees. Potentially this means your existing code needs no changes.
- You'll need to program the device for 433MHz for operation in Australia.
- Can specify a network identifier PANID to separate communications into separate networks if desired.
- Based on the Texas Instruments CC1110 combined micro & RF transceiver, runs at 868.3Mhz, same chip can support 315, 433, 900 & 915Mhz
- Over the air data rate of 250Kbps with a max of 500Kbps
- Fits our XBS shield and XINO Pro boards and is a total drop in replacement for XBee
- Can be programmed in it's own right. We suggest the free version of IAR's C compiler as there is TI sample code published on the web or you can use SDCC
- Supports serial bootloading for firmware updates without a hardware programmer and using just RX/TX
- Facilitates remote Arduino/Xino over-the-air programming
- v1.5 now has 5v tolerant serial in so you can use with a 5v micro without level conversion.
- Supports 128bit AES encryption like all the other devices do.
NOTE: new firmware supports 2 sleep states, the lowest being a miraculous 0.2 microamps.
PCB can support straight or right angled RP-SMA for easy connection to external antennas (new v1.5 supports end shot too)
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.