This is a breakout board for the 100-pin TQFP package of Atmel’s ATxmega128A1. The ATxmega128A1 is a low power, high performance and peripheral rich CMOS 8/16-bit microcontroller based on the AVR enhanced RISC architecture.
Among the chip’s many features are 128kB of flash memory, 8 kB SRAM, 78 I/O pins, eight 16-bit timers, sixteen 12-bit ADCs, four 12-bit DACs, eight USART, four SPI and four TWI interfaces. This powerful chip can process up to 32 MIPS when running at its maximum clock speed of 32MHz. The operating voltage of the xmega is 1.6 to 3.6VDC.
All VCC pins of the ATxmega128A1 are connected together and brought out to a single header pin, same goes for the GND and AVCC pins of the chip. We’ve also included decoupling capacitors, and a red power indicator LED; but beyond those we’ve tried to keep the board as simple and straightforward as possible. If you want to start developing with this chip, but don’t want to deal with soldering it, this is the board for you!
Note: The 6 pins labeled ICSP are used to program the board through the PDI interface using the common 6 pin ICSP cable found on most AVR programmers. Also, this board ships with the example code shown below and the JTAGEN bit set to 1 (JTAG disabled, PDI enabled).
Note: We have found that when using a Dragon device, you must use the JTAG interface, you can not program/debug over PDI. If you are using the JTAGICE3 you can use either JTAG or PDI however, you will need to change the PDI clock to run at 1 MHz or slower.
- All pins of the ATxmega128A1 broken out to 0.1" spaced pins
- 0.1uF decoupling capacitors placed near VCC inputs of the chip
- 2x3 AVR ICSP connector broken out
- Red power indicator LED
- ATxmega128A1 Features:
- High-performance, low-power 8/16-bit microcontroller
- 1.6 - 3.6 VDC operating voltage
- 128 KBytes Flash
- 8 KBytes boot code
- 2 KBytes EEPROM
- 8 KBytes SRAM
- 4 DMA channels
- 32 MHz maximum clock frequency
- 78 programmable I/O pins
- Eight 16-bit timers
- Eight USARTs, four SPI, and four TWI interfaces
- Two Eight-channel (16), 12-bit, 2 Msps Analog to Digital Converters
- Two Two-channel (8), 12-bit, 1 Msps Digital to Analog Converters
- 2.20 x 2.20" (55.88 x 55.88mm)
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.