NEWS UPDATE! Now with the option powering from 5 - 9v with addition of voltage regulator kit! See our other items to include this with your purchase.
This XINO basic is the new "little sister" to the rest of the XINO range. Designed to be the most economic way possible of running an Atmel ATmega 8/168/328 with Arduino shaped plug and play shields. Supplied as a kit. and does not include a 328, load capacitors or xtal, these are available separately.
Customer review: http://blog.thiseldo.co.uk/?p=543
Gone is the FTDI chip, gone are the voltage regulators*, everything that can be saved has been. We have pared an Arduino down to the bare essentials.
The board appeals to either those on a very tight budget or users wishing to make/deploy their existing designs into finished projects without the expense of committing a full "Arduino".
- Designed to support the Popular 328 PDIP, 168 PDIP and 8 PDIP (not included, see our other items for pre loaded ATmega chips).
- Designed to fully support the Arduino IDE.
- Socket for standard 6 pin header (2x3) for in circuit hardware programming (ICSP).
- 5 way header brings out RESET, GND, MCUPWR, TX, RX. Can be programmed with almost any FTDI board, even the one on the arduino (see what andy did in his review). Another popular way is to pop in an already programmed chip. Soon you will be able to program wirelessly using an XRF.
- Really really useful project space in the top left corner to add your own parts, sensors etc. Has SMT pads for two SOT23 devices (FET's, transistors, voltage regs. etc) and one SOT235-6 pad for smaller SMT parts. We think it's fair to say for a lot of "finished" projects all you need is this board. This could save you the cost of a separate proto shield.
- Easily "stack" add on boards (shields) see our other items.
- Can be battery powered by 2 or 3x1.5v cells, or Lipos ect. Most mcu's will run at between 1.8v and 5v, this saves power and cost.
- Lowest current consumption from powering the device is directly, not through voltage regulators.
- Through holes to add an external crystal and load capacitors. Did you know you can run on the internal oscilator?
- Right angled side facing reset switch. Much easier to press when boards are stacked above.
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.