This is the VKey Voltage Keypad, a simple board that adds a keypad to your microcontroller project without using multiple I/O pins. This keypad has 12 pushbutton switches in a 3x4 array. The VKey operates by outputing an analog voltage to encode which key has been pressed, which can be read by an analog to digital converter on a microcontroller on a single input pin.
Traditional digital keypad interfacing techniques can require a large number of digital I/O lines. On a small controller, there may not be many I/O pins left for other tasks. The VKey operates at a voltage of 3.3-5.5V and features a dual opamp which is used as a current source and buffer amplifier.
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.