This is the Stainless Steel Temperature Probe, a tough little Vernier Sensor that can be used to measure the temperature of organic liquids and even salt solutions, acids, and bases (just don’t mix the last two). This sensor probe can be used the same as almost any other thermometer for experiments and in a multitude of fields like chemistry, biology, earth science, and more.
Each sensor probe has a temperature range of -40 to 135°C (–40 to 275°F). Make sure not to use this probe in situations where the temperature is 150°C, this is the maximum temperature the probe can tolerate without damage.
Vernier Software and Technology has been a leader in data collection and analysis for educators world-wide. They were amongst the first companies to design and promote the use of computers, sensors, and data collection in K-12 classroom laboratory experiments.
Note: Due to manufacturer’s restrictions, we can only ship these to the USA. Sorry world!
- Temperature Range: –40 to 135°C (–40 to 275°F)
- Maximum Temperature: 150°C (302°F)
- Temperature sensor: 20 kΩ NTC Thermistor
- Accuracy: ±0.2°C at 0°C, ±0.5°C at 100°C
- Response time (time for 90% change in reading):
- 10 seconds (in water, with stirring)
- 90 seconds (in moving air)
- 400 seconds (in still air)
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.