The microUSB Programming Adapter (μUSB-PA5) is a USB to Serial-TTL UART bridge converter which is very small and easy to use. It uses a mini-B type USB connector to connect to your PC and is based on the FTDI FT232RQ USB to Serial Bridge IC from FTDI. The μUSB-PA5 allows you to communicate with 4D Systems' screens and controllers.
It’ll give you multi baud rate serial data up to 3M baud rate and access to additional signals such as flow control. The main 5 pin interface is a standard 2.54mm (0.1") pitch female header, designed to connect directly to a majority of the 4D Systems modules.
RX and TX signals are both 3.3V and 5V tolerant. This module replaces the variety of existing 4D serial bridges for the LCD kits that we carry. While a large range of 4D Systems modules are compatible with this programming adapter, some are not, for mechanical reasons.
Dimensions: 33.7mm x 17.3mm
- USB 2.0 compliant Full Speed 12Mbps maximum speed, Suspend supported
- Hardware or Xon/Xoff handshaking supported, 300bps to 3Mbps
- UART supports 7 or 8 data bits, 1-2 Stop bits, odd/even/mark/space and no parity
- Power on reset circuit
- Virtual COM port drivers allow operation with existing COM port PC applications
- Supports Windows 98 and above, MAC (OSX-8 and above) and Linux (2.4 kernel and above)
- USB powered
- Traffic/Operation LED indicates board status
- Additional flow control and features available for the user to solder, using standard 2.54mm (0.1") pitch through holes along each side of the PCB.
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.