As an addition to Adafruit's other USB DIY shells, Adafruit have a 'micro B female' in a panel-mount-like connector. This isn't true panel mount but you could glue the black plastic shell into your project and then press-fit in the micro B connector. The 5-pins are much easier to solder than a surface mount connector
Adafruit have other DIY "USB shells" are available in USB A plug, micro B, mini B and USB A socket.
Each shell comes with a plastic shell and a proper connector with easy-to-solder tabs.
- Assembled Dimensions: 10mm x 9mm x 4.5mm / 0.4" x 0.35" x 0.2"
- Assembled Weight: 0.6g
- MicroB-F Connector Dimensions: 10mm x 7mm x 2mm / 0.4" x 0.3" x 0.1"
- MicroB-F Connector Weight: 0.4g
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade