As an addition to Adafruit's other USB DIY shells, Adafruit have a 'micro B female' in a panel-mount-like connector. This isn't true panel mount but you could glue the black plastic shell into your project and then press-fit in the micro B connector. The 5-pins are much easier to solder than a surface mount connector
Adafruit have other DIY "USB shells" are available in USB A plug, micro B, mini B and USB A socket.
Each shell comes with a plastic shell and a proper connector with easy-to-solder tabs.
- Assembled Dimensions: 10mm x 9mm x 4.5mm / 0.4" x 0.35" x 0.2"
- Assembled Weight: 0.6g
- MicroB-F Connector Dimensions: 10mm x 7mm x 2mm / 0.4" x 0.3" x 0.1"
- MicroB-F Connector Weight: 0.4g
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.