Note: These use genuine FTDI chips, either Adafruit purchase them or they are manufactured to Adafruit's specifications with the requirement of genuine FTDI chips 10/22/14 - read more.
If you've ever struggled to use a solderless breadboard with an Arduino, you understand how frustrating it can be!
This development board acts just like an Arduino, and works with the latest Arduino software. For many projects it can even be preferable! The kit includes all parts necessary, the assembly is straightforward and well documented, using just a soldering iron anyone can complete it within 10 or 15 minutes.
This version of the Boarduino does not have a DC jack. That means you can't use a 9V adapter or battery holder with it (unless you build a 5V power supply). However it does have USB built in and you can power your project or USB or by using a Mintyboost kit (which takes 2 AA batteries)
- Designed to plug into a breadboard for easy prototyping
- Petite size, only 2.75" x 0.8" (75mm x 20mm)
- All 'standard' pins are brought out - Digital 0-13, Analog 0-5, ARef, 5V, 3V, Ground, and Reset
- Chip comes pre-programmed with a "no-wait" Arduino bootloader (Read more here)
- 4 LEDs! There's a green power-good LED, a red "pin 13" LED (just like the Arduino), and a pair of RX and TX indicator LEDs for debugging the serial connection
- Nearly-all-surfacemount design. Adafruit left the chip as through-hole to make it easier to upgrade and repair. All surface mount parts are pre-assembled and tested.
- Reset button
- ATmega328P, running at 16.00 MHz, just like all Arduinos
- 6-pin standard ICSP header
- USB miniB jack
- 500mA fuse protects your computer's USB port from overcurrent
- Auto-reset capability
There's a lot more to read at the USB Boarduino webpage.
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.