● On-board EEPROM provides a command-based interface to external host via RS-232.
● UART: 115.2Kbps for transferring JPEG still pictures or 160x128 preview @8bpp with 0.75fps.
● On board OmniVision VGA color sensor.
● Built-in JPEG CODEC for different resolutions.
● Built-in down sampling, clamping and windowing circuits for VGA, QVGA, 160x120 or 80x60 image resolutions.
● Built-in color conversion circuits for 2-bit gray, 4-bir gray, 8-bit gray, 12-bit RGB, 16-bit RGB or standard JPEG preview images.
● No external DRAM required.
1. Camera Sensor
The C328 module uses OmniVision VGA color digital CameraChips with an 8-bit YCbCr interface.
2. OV528 Serial Bridge
The OV528 Serial Bridge is a JPEG CODEC embedded controller chip that can compress and transfer image data from CameraChips to external device. The OV528 takes 8-bit YCbCr 422 progressive video data from an Sensor CameraChip. The camera interface synchronizes with input video data and performs down sampling, clamping and windowing functions with desired resolution, as well as color conversion that is requested by the user through serial bus host
The JPEG CODEC can achieve higher compression ratio and better image quality for various
3. Program EEPROM
A serial type program memory is built-in for C328 to provide a set of user-friendly command interfacing to external host.
Please visit our wiki page for more info about this product. It will be appreciated if you can help us improve the documents, add more demo code or tutorials. For technical support, please post your questions to our forum.
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.