This is the tinyESC v2 from FingerTech Robotics, an ultra small bi-directional brushed motor controller for driving equally small DC motors. Don’t let the tinyESC’s size fool you, with the ability to take in a battery voltage of 6.5V to a whopping 36V and output a continuous current of 1.5A (3.0A peak), this little guy isn’t messing around! Not only is the tinyESC compact and powerful but it is also tough. What really drew us to it is its reliability in the battle bot ring being used in most Ant and Beetle weight classes and its use for most Actobotics motors.
This electronic speed controller offers a battery eliminator circuit (BEC) provides 5V and 100mA to the receiver so no extra receiver battery is required. This version of the tinyESC also includes backwards-polarity protection and protection on the 5V receiver line, this means that if you accidentally attach a battery backwards it won’t destroy your motor controller and other BECs won’t affect the tinyESC. Each tinyESC is equipped with a 2-pin calibration connector, a 3-pin JST connector for your SIG, 5V, and GND lines to access a receiver, two bare lead wires for M1 and M2 to connect to your motor, and another set of two bare lead wires for Batt and GND to connect to a battery.
Note: Calibration instructions, a wiring diagram, and basic information are all included on an insert with each tinyESC v2.
- 1x tinyESC v2.4
- 1x Capacitor 10nF
- Battery Voltage: 6.5V - 36V
- Output Current: 1.5A Continuous, 3.0A Peak
- BEC Output: 5V 100mA
- Bi-directional brushed motor controller.
- Ultra-compact and lightweight.
- Undervoltage, overcurrent, overtemp reverse-polarity, and BEC protection.
- Calibrate function allows precision driving.
- Status LEDs for both directions and calibration.
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.