Introducing the Teensy 3.5, the newest member of the Teensy lineup from PJRC! If you're not familiar with Teensy, get ready to be blown away.
Created by Paul Stoffregen from PJRC, the Teensy 3.5 is a microcontroller development board running a 32-bit ARM Cortex M4 processor, which brings a 180MHz clock speed to the table, along with 1MB of flash, 4K of EEPROM, and 62 I/O pins. What makes Teensy special, however, is that along with being programmable directly in C, it also supports programming from the Arduino IDE. That's right, you get the power and flexibility of ARM processors, with the versatility that is Arduino IDE. Here's a quick look at some of the specs that the Teensy 3.5 packs in:
- 120 MHz ARM Cortex-M4 with Floating Point Unit
- 512K Flash, 192K RAM, 4K EEPROM
- Microcontroller Chip MK64FX512VMD12 (PDF link)
- 1 CAN Bus Port
- 16 General Purpose DMA Channels
- 5 Volt Tolerance On All Digital I/O Pins
The Teensy 3.5 breaks out the 62 I/O pins found on the M4 chip, however, only 42 of them are available on the 0.1" headers. The rest can be found as SMD pads underneath the board. The 3.5 is also 5V tolerant which means that you won't damage your board if you connect 5V up to the pins,
Teensy boards have been popular with the maker community for quite some time now due to their native USB support which allows them to behave as HID devices, MIDI devices, and much more. The 3.5 builds on this with a second USB port (on GPIO pins), an Ethernet port, and onboard microSD card support.
- 62 I/O Pins (42 breadboard friendly)
- 25 Analog Inputs to 2 ADCs with 13 bits resolution
- 2 Analog Outputs (DACs) with 12 bit resolution
- 20 PWM Outputs (Teensy 3.6 has 22 PWM)
- USB Full Speed (12 Mbit/sec) Port
- Ethernet mac, capable of full 100 Mbit/sec speed
- Native (4 bit SDIO) micro SD card port
- I2S Audio Port, 4 Channel Digital Audio Input & Output
- 14 Hardware Timers
- Cryptographic Acceleration Unit
- Random Number Generator
- CRC Computation Unit
- 6 Serial Ports (2 with FIFO & Fast Baud Rates)
- 3 SPI Ports (1 with FIFO)
- 3 I2C Ports (Teensy 3.6 has a 4th I2C port)
- Real Time Clock
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- Teensy 3.5 & 3.6 Review
When Teensy was first released, it was a revelation to the maker community. It brought together the power of ARM processors and the simplicity that is the Arduino IDE. Building upon that platform, Paul Stoffregen, the man behind PJRC continued to inn...
- USB MIDI With Teensy
If you’re a musician or have had anything to do with the entertainment industry, you may have heard of the term MIDI before. MIDI stands for Musical Instrument Digital Interface and was created in the mid-80’s as a way to standardize the ...
- Teensy Boards Compared
Hello everyone, how awesome are the Teensy boards from PJRC? Super awesome. And as with any product that has been around for a few years, and gone through various iterations, there’s now a few different boards to choose from, which can make i...
- Using Teensy with Arduino IDE
If you’ve come looking for how to get your Teensy board up and running using the Arduino IDE, then you’ve come to the right place. Whilst you can use the standard Teensy loader application to flash compiled code directly to your Teensy,...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.