How it works
Motor rotation is transferred to the legs via crank plates and linkage rods, causing the Mechanical Tiger to walk. The tiger’s stride depends on the crank holes to which the front legs are attached, which means there are four possible strides for you to choose from. Put this together with the two possible gear ratios and you get eight possible speeds. A reverse switch also allows backward movement. The body is made from a transparent yellow ABS resin that allows you to see all of the motors, gears, cranks, and linkage rods in action.
- Total length: 155 mm
- Total weight: 105 g (without batteries)
- Body material: ABS resin
- Gearbox, motor, control switch, and decorative stickers are included.
- 2 possible gear ratios coupled with 4 different strides let you choose 8 different speeds.
- A screwdriver for the assembly is provided.
- Requires one AA (a.k.a. R6 or UM4) battery (sold separately).
- Continuous running time with Alkaline battery: 2 hours.
Note: This is a kit. Assembly requires using a screwdriver and snapping parts together. No soldering is required. Run on flat, smooth surfaces; avoid running over slopes, on bumpy roads, or on thick carpet.
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade