Frustrated with traditional third hands? Want a more adaptable tool? Love Doctor Octopus? Search no more! We present the ultra-fancy Third Hand Kit. The Third Hand Kit comes with 4 bendable arms which can easily be positioned and are stiff enough to stay in place. Alligator clips are securely attached to the end of the arms using thread locker. There are both small and large clips which allow you to easily clip wires, circuits boards, electronics components and even screws. This is a versatile fully assembled tool from Hobby Creek that will help you tackle your projects with ease and improved efficiency!
- Heavy Aluminum base for easy positioning
- 2 pockets in Aluminum base to hold loose components
- Rubber feet to prevent slipping
- 4 Large alligator clips for various sized components and boards
- Alligator clips have a heat shrink covering to prevent marring
- Alligator clips are securely attached using thread locker
- 8 threaded sockets in base for more arms or a different configuration
- As of November 11th 2016, this now comes with:
- 4 Flexible Swivel Arms (The alligator clips on the end of each arm now swivel 360 degrees!)
- Updated rubber Gaskets
- Polished raw aluminum look finish
Note: Shipping weight reflects UPS' new dimensional weight regulations.
- Base Dimensions: 150mm x 100mm x 12mm / 5.9" x 3.9" x 0.5"
- Arm Diameter: 16mm / 0.6"
- Arm Length (including clip): 350mm / 13.8"
- Weight: 470g
As of June 18th, 2015 this product now comes with 4 large clips instead of 2 large clips and 2 small clips.
The base is CNC machined from a billet of 6061 aluminum. Every feature is machined to a tolerance of plus or minus five thousandths of an inch. They then blend the surface of the material by bead blasting them to a matte finish. Finally the parts are clear anodized for a durable finish. The base is proudly manufactured in the USA.
For product support, replacement parts and warranty for all Hobby Creek products, click here!
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.