If you’re new to electronics and programming, the RedBoard Starter Kit is a great way for beginners to get their foot in the door. This little guy is essentially a mini SparkFun Inventor’s Kit (minus the manual which you can find below) and can be taken straight out of the box to help you make a slew of basic circuits, including:
- Blinking LEDs
- Making (bad) music
- Responding to buttons
- Twisting a volume knob
- Detecting ambient light
- Reading temperature
- Mixing LED colors
- And more!
This version comes with our new SparkFun RedBoard and SparkFun USB Mini-B cable! Also included is a multitude of parts and sensors so you can start messing around with projects.
If you are looking for a great starting point into programming or are simply on a budget, look no further than the RedBoard Starter Kit.
- RedBoard - Programmed with Arduino - The SparkFun RedBoard, fully assembled and tested.
- SparkFun USB Mini-B Cable - This 6' cable provides you with a USB-A connector at the host end and mini-B connector at the device end.
- Red Miniature Breadboard - Excellent for making circuits and connections off the Arduino.
- Male to Male jumper wires - These are high quality wires that allow you to connect the female headers on the Arduino to the components and breadboard.
- Flex Sensor - Originally designed for the Nintendo Power Glove, now you too can measure flex!
- SoftPot - Measure position along the softpot by looking at the change in resistance. It’s like a touch sensitive volume slider.
- Photocell - A sensor to detect ambient light. Perfect for detecting when a drawer is opened or when night-time approaches.
- Thermistor - A sensor for detecting ambient temperature and temperature changes.
- Tri-Color LED - Because everyone loves a blinky. Use this LED to PWM mix any color you need.
- Basic LEDs - Light emitting diodes make great general indicators.
- Linear trim pot - Also known as a variable resistor, this is a device commonly used to control volume, contrast, and makes a great general user control input.
- Piezo Speaker - Make wonderful, brain splitting noises, alarms, and possibly music!
- 12mm button - Because big buttons are easier to hit.
- 330 Ohm Resistors - Great current limiting resistors for LEDs, and strong pull-up resistors.
- 10k Ohm Resistors - These make excellent pull-ups, pull-downs, and current limiters.
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.