Are you ready to control all the servos? You’d better be, because the Spider Controller from Dagu is definitely ready. With a 3A switch mode power supply (capable of driving up to 48 micro servos) and the ATmega1280 MCU, the Spider Controller is perfect for ‘bots requiring a large numbers of servos such as humanoid and hexapod style robots.
To accommodate servo connections, all of the processor’s 70 I/O pins are terminated as both a female header and a servo compatible 3pin male header. Most miniature and standard servos require between 4.8V and 6V and will work happily directly from the PCB. High-powered servos requiring 6V or more should be powered via an external power source or directly from the battery.
Of course the Spider Controller is Arduino Mega compatible and can be programmed over USB using the Arduino IDE, giving you access to a wide range of programming libraries to get your robot moving!
This kit comes with the Spider Controller and the standoffs to mount it. If you’re looking for a servo-heavy chassis to drive, why not check out the 12-Servo Hexapod Chassis Kit in the related products below!
Note: If you’re unable to compile the example code below, install the updated version of the IR library from the documents list.
- ATmega1280 16MHz CPU
- 128K FLASH, 8K SRAM and 4K EEPROM
- USB interface and ISP socket
- Built in 3A switch mode power supply (7V – 30V input)
- 70 I/O pins with male and female headers
- Support for up to 48 servos
- 16 x 10bit analog inputs
- 15 x 8bit PWM outputs
- 1 x I2C • 6x External interrupt pins
- 4 x Serial communication
- Comes with Arduino boot-loader installed
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.