The SparkFun RFID Qwiic Kit is a simple, yet all-in-one I2C based RFID starting point for the ID-3LA, ID-12LA, and ID-20LA readers. Simply plug a reader into the headers and use a Qwiic cable to connect to any Qwiic enabled development board, then scan your 125kHz ID tag and the unique 32-bit ID will be shown on the screen. This kit comes with everything you need to get started. The SparkFun RFID Qwiic Reader, an ID-12LA reader, a couple of RFID cards, and a cable to get you hooked up. Just plug this into any Qwiic enabled development board and you are good to go.
Utilizing the onboard ATtiny84A, the Qwiic RFID takes the six byte ID tag of your 125kHz RFID card, attaches a time stamp to it, and puts it onto a stack that holds up to 20 unique RFID scans at a time. This information is easy to get at with some simple I2C commands. The unit comes with a read LED and buzzer, but don't worry, there is a jumper you can cut to disable the buzzer if you want.
The SparkFun Qwiic Connect System is an ecosystem of I2C sensors, actuators, shields and cables that make prototyping faster and less prone to error. All Qwiic-enabled boards use a common 1mm pitch, 4-pin JST connector. This reduces the amount of required PCB space, and polarized connections mean you can’t hook it up wrong.
- 1x SparkFun RFID Qwiic Reader
- 1x RFID Reader ID-12LA (125kHz)
- 2x RFID Tag (125kHz)
- 1x Qwiic Cable - 100mm
- Mates with three ID-XXLA RFID Modules
- Scan range of 5-6 inches
- Buzzer and blue LED scan indicator
- Address Jumper
- Buzzer disconnect Jumper
- Interrupt disconnect Jumper
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $9.95 for Express Post (Overnight for most of Australia, 2+ days for rural, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.