The SparkFun LED Array is a set of 56 red LEDs arranged in a nice 8x7 grid. This little board requires eight pins while the library supports any ATmega 168 and 328-based Arduino device. The SparkFun LED Array was developed to be used in conjunction with the BadgerStick as a fun and interactive way for people to learn about soldering and engage with SparkFun products at the multiple trade shows we appeared at. Now this LED array is available to everyone!
This board relies on the Charlieplexing technique to control individual LEDs, which means less GPIO pins are used (as opposed to a traditional grid format). Through the use of Charlieplexing we have been able to control all 56 LEDs with a total of only eight pins (labeled ‘A’ through ‘H’). With a little bit of code you will be able to cycle through all combinations of the pins to turn each LED on individually, and if cycled fast enough, you can create simple images and text!
Dimensions: 43.75mm Long x 28.5mm Wide
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.