The SparkFun Inventor’s Kit for the Arduino 101® board is a great way to get started with programming and hardware interaction with embedded electronics using the Intel® Curie-based Arduino 101 board.
This 101 SIK includes everything you need to complete 21 circuits that will teach you how to control and read the on-board and external sensors, control the Arduino 101 board through your phone, detect and analyze different sounds, and much more. Don’t worry; you won’t need any previous programming or electronics experience to use this kit. The philosophy behind this kit is that anyone can (and should) play around with cutting-edge electronics. After using this 101 SIK, you’ll have the know-how to start creating your own projects and experiments. From building robots and game controllers to IoT and data logging, the world will be your oyster.
The online Experiment Guide for the Arduino 101 board contains step-by-step instructions on how to connect each circuit with the included parts. Full example code is provided and explained, and troubleshooting tips are included in case something goes wrong.
The kit does not require any soldering and is recommended for anyone comfortable reading code libraries or anyone looking for an alternative to the original SparkFun Inventor’s Kit.
Note: The mold used to create our SIK carrying cases broke during their last production when it moved from China to the United States. Therefore, all units of the SIK Special Edition will not have a the normal carrying case when you receive them, but instead one of our tried and true red boxes at a reduced price. Unfortunately, we have run out of our alloted amount of cases that we can send out after the fact. This version of the Special Edition SIK will NOT include a black carrying case and it will not be sent afterward. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, we hope to have our regular SIK back as soon as possible.
- Experiment 1: Blinking an LED
- Experiment 2: Reading a Potentiometer
- Experiment 3: Driving an RGB LED
- Experiment 4: Driving Multiple LEDs
- Experiment 5: Reading a Button Press
- Experiment 6: Reading an SPDT Switch
- Experiment 7: Reading a Photoresistor
- Experiment 8: Color Mixing with the RGB
- Experiment 9: Reading a Temperature Sensor
- Experiment 10: Driving a Servo Motor
- Experiment 11: Using a Transistor
- Experiment 12: Using the Motor Driver
- Experiment 13: Motor Driver with Inputs
- Experiment 14: Using a Piezo Buzzer
- Experiment 15: Using the Sound Detector Board
- Experiment 16: Using a Shift Register
- Experiment 17: Using an LCD
- Experiment 18: Reading the Onboard Accelerometer
- Experiment 19: Tap Detection
- Experiment 20: Using the Onboard Real-Time Clock (RTC)
- Experiment 21: Using the Onboard Bluetooth Low Energy (BLC)
- Arduino 101 Board
- Arduino and Breadboard Holder
- White Solderless Breadboard
- SparkFun Mini Screwdriver
- 16x2 White on Black LCD (with Headers)
- SparkFun Sound Detector (with Headers)
- SparkFun Motor Driver - Dual TB6612FNG (1A) (with Headers)
- Hobby Gearmotor - 200 RPM (Pair)
- Battery Holder - 4xAA to Barrel Jack Connector
- 74HC595 Shift Register
- Transistor - NPN (BC337)
- 1N4148 Diodes
- Small Servo
- TMP36 Temp Sensor
- USB Cable A to B - 6 Foot
- Jumper Wires - Connected 6in. (M/M, 20 pack)
- Tri-color LED
- Red, Blue, Yellow, and Green LEDs
- Red, Blue, Yellow, and Green Tactile Buttons
- 10K Trimpot
- Piezo Speaker
- SPDT Mini Power Switch
- 100 Ohm and 10K Resistors
- 1500 mAh Alkaline Batteries - AA
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.