Description: This is the SparkFun Decade Resistance Box, an involved PTH soldering kit that allows you to quickly and accurately dial in a specific resistance value between 0 and 999,990 Ω, in 10 Ω increments. The concept is simple, a decade box is a tool that contains resistors of many values that can be accessed via mechanical switches. All you need to do is just adjust the knobs to output any of the discrete resistances offered by the box. Once assembled, each kit will have controls that correspond to the digits in a decimal number - a control for the ones position, a control for the tens position, a control for the hundreds position, and so on.
The SparkFun Decade Resistance Box not only provides a challenging soldering experience but also a great tool for any workbench. In theDocuments section below you will find an in depth Hookup Guide that provides you with assembly instructions, an enclosure walkthrough, and an operation guide.
Note: The rotary switches included with the Decade Resistance Box can be very difficult to turn! Make sure to check out the Recommended Products section below for knobs that will work with this kit.
- 1x Decade Resistance Box PCB
- 1x Red Binding Post
- 1x Black Binding Post
- 5x Rotary Switch - 1-pole 10-position, with dress washer and hex nut
- 9x 10 Ω Resistor - ¼ W, 1%
- 9x 100 Ω Resistor - ¼ W, 1%
- 9x 1000 Ω Resistor - ¼ W, 1%
- 9x 100K Ω Resistor - ¼ W, 1%
- 9x 10K Ω Resistor - ¼ W, 1%
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.