Robots are fun and Arduinos are easy, so wouldn’t it be nice if there were a kit that included everything you need to get your Arduino device set up to control a simple two motor circuit buddy? The SparkFun Ardumoto Shield Kit is perfect for any interested robot enthusiasts and includes an Ardumoto Shield as well pairs of tires, motors, connectors, and wires. And, of course, it’s all stuffed in a classic SparkFun red box (which may come in handy as a robot chassis).
The Ardumoto Shield is an easy-to-use dual motor controller for Arduino. Combined with an Arduino, the Ardumoto makes a fantastic controller platform for RC vehicles or even small autonomous robots. At the heart of the Ardumoto – the big, black chip right in the middle – is an L298, one of our favorite dual-channel motor drivers around, capable of driving up to 2A per channel. The board takes its power from the same Vin line as the Arduino board, includes blue and yellow LEDs to indicate active direction, and all driver lines are diode protected from back EMF.
Control for motor attached to OUT1/2 is connected to digital line 12 (direction A) and digital line 3 (PWM A). Control for motor attached to OUT3/4 is connected to digital line 13 (direction B) and digital line 11 (PWM B).
- 1x SparkFun Ardumoto Shield
- 2x Hobby Gearmotor - 140 RPM
- 2x Wheel - 65mm (Rubber Tire)
- 1x Arduino Stackable Header Kit - R3
- 3x Screw Terminals 3.5mm Pitch (2-Pin)
- 1x 9V to Barrel Jack Adapter
- 2x Black Wire - 5" Length (22AWG Solid Core)
- 2x Red Wire - 5" Length (22AWG Solid Core)
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.