A solid state relay (SSR) is just what it sounds like; an IC that acts like a mechanical relay. They allow you to control high-voltage AC loads from lower voltage DC control circuitry. Solid state relays, however, have several advantages over mechanical relays. One such advantage is that they can be switched by a much lower voltage and at a much lower current than most mechanical relays. Also, because there’s no moving contacts, solid state relays can be switched much faster and for much longer periods without wearing out.
This kit has everything you need to make use of an SSR in your next high-voltage project. After soldering together the through-hole kit, simply attach your AC load and switch it on and off using your microcontroller. This is a great kit for through hole soldering practice and is really handy for controlling lights, water pumps, fans or any other intermittent high-voltage device.
Note: These work with AC loads only. Great care, safety, and knowledge should be used with high current and voltage.
Dimensions: 28.5 x 33.3 mm
- Max Signal Current: 50mA
- Min Signal Current: 16mA
- Control Voltage: 5V
- Absolute Maximum Load: 125VAC @ 8A
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.