The Solder : Time II is the latest version of Spikenzie Labs' Solder:Time watch kit. This new version is even more hackable than ever. The onboard microcontroller in this model is the very popular ATmega328P used in many of the current versions of Arduino. In fact, you can reprogram your watch using the same Arduino IDE software that you use for a regular Arduino!
The Solder:Time II is different from the original Solder:Time in many ways. The display has been upgraded to a set of four 5x7 LED matrix modules. This gives you control of a 7x20 matrix for a total of 140 LEDs! The new LED matrix allows for an amazing amount of information to be displayed; aside from the current time… The date, month, words, scrolling messages, graphics, special characters … the possibilities are endless. It also comes with a piezo buzzer for the alarm function, but you can use it to add sounds to your custom programming and games.
Much like the original Solder:Time, the Solder:Time II comes to you as a PTH kit. There are SMD parts already soldered to the board when you get it, so don’t worry about trying to solder those tiny lead-spacings. The body of the watch is still a “stacked acrylic” construction, but some changes have been made to make the watch sturdier and easier to assemble.
- Based on the ATMega328P and programmable using the Arduino IDE
- 7x20 LED Matrix Give you control over a total of 140 LEDs
- Great PTH Soldering Kit for beginners
- FTDI Header for Easy Programming/Hacking
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.