Make a sleek full featured, conversation starting desk clock. The Solder:Time™ Desk Clock is the latest addition to the Solder:Time kit family. The Solder Time Desk Clock (STDC) is a DIY soldering kit. You only need to provide some basic electronics tools; Solder iron, solder, screwdriver, some fine grit sandpaper and wire snips. Adafruit have pre-programmed the chip, so it's ready to roll once assembled.
Itching to hack in some custom code or hardware? Bring it on! Designed with hack-a-bility in mind, the STDC is based on the same ATMega microprocessor used in the Arduino products. There are extra digital and analog pins broken-out, an open serial port as well as I2C all easily accessible within the case, as well as an integrated prototyping area on-board. Download the sketch from Adafruit's web page, modify it, add extra hardware if that's your thing, and WOW your friends (or the Internet) with your amazing add-ons.
- Easy through hole soldering kit
- Comes pre-programed
- Back-up battery for Clock
- Time, Month, Day and Date
- Alarm with buzzer
- No special adhesives required
- This kit is so substantial that it only comes in a box
- Re-program with the Arduino IDE
- Free Digital I/O Pins 4 (of which 2 are used for Serial)
- Free Analog Input Pins 2
- I2C Port
- All pins broken in a convenient header
- Built in proto-area
- Two Sets of PCB mounting holes
- Optional "break-off" mounting holes
Tools & Supplies required:
- Soldering Iron
- Flush Cutters
- Fine sand paper
- Dimensions 7 x 3 1/8 x 1 9/16" (178 x 8 x 39 mm)
- Built weight 12.9oz (367g)
- Input Voltage 9 to 12V
- Current 25 ma
- Instructions Page
- Interface Menu Map
- Solder : Time Desk Clock Arduino Sketch v1.0
- Solder : Time Desk Clock Schematic
- Required for reprogramming: Timer1 Arduino Library
For product support for all Spikenzie products, click here!
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.