You know those ZIF sockets Adafruit have for DIP chips? Well these are just like that but for SMT parts! Yeah, that's right, now you can program and test out your favorite new parts in TSSOP packages. This test sockets is good for any 4.4mm / 0.147" wide TSSOP/SSOP with up to 20 pins. Simply press down on the top, place the chip in carefully and then release to latch the chip in. The chip is held securely against gold 'fingers' in the socket. Please note the body of the chip you're trying to use and read the datasheet diagrams carefully - a chip with a body wider than 4.4mm will not fit!
The socket is soldered onto a pair of PCBs that turn it into, essentially, a 20 pin DIP with 0.6" spacing that can be breadboarded fairly easily.
The test socket is a high quality, Japanese construction from <a data-cke-saved-href="http://www.yamaichi.de/pdf/SOP-06-2011.pdf" href="http://www.yamaichi.de/pdf/SOP-06-2011.pdf" "="">Yamaichi
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.