The Slice of Radio is an easy to use, secure, two way RF transceiver for the Raspberry Pi. Comes as a pre built module so is plug and play, it utilises the Raspberry Pi's on board serial port (UART @ 9600bps) for communication so needs no driver. Being so low profile, the Slice of Radio will fit inside many Pi cases, the Stealth and Pi-Bow have been tried already . The on board "chip" antenna gives good performance for a very small package and can be extended in range by simply soldering on an 8.2cm wire whip. For even greater range it is possible to a u.fl connector to provide an external connection to an antenna using an SMA to u.fl pigtail lead. Ciseco have a number of antennas available on the shop.
- Plug n Play (uses the Pi serial port, needs no software)
- Long range (200m line of sight with chip antenna, up to 1000m with an external antenna)
- Talk to any of Ciseco's radios (communicate with the XRF, SRF, URF, ERF etc )
- LED indicators (visually see what is happening)
- Perfect choice to use LLAP sensors (talk direct to Ciseco's sensors)
- Code compatible with the popular Slice of Pi (the web is a great source of projects)
- Supports 128bit AES encryption (scramble your data from peering eyes)
- Supports wireless programming of the XinoRF and RFu direct from the Arduino IDE (build and program sensors and actuators direct from your Pi)
- Simple plug and go radio module for the Raspberry Pi
- Based on the SRF Radio Module
- Talks to all Ciseco's radio's
- TTL UART (/dev/ttyAMA0 on the Raspberry Pi)
- Supports Over The Air Micro Programming (OTAMP)
- TX & RX activity LED's
- Heartbeat LED
- Fits inside the Stealth Case from ModMyPi
- Fits inside the PiBow from Pimoroni
- Default 9600 Baud
- Optional Antenna U.Fl Connector or wire whip
- Configuration reset pins.
- Raspberry Pi Pins used:
- GPIO22 (for OTAMP)
- Made in the UK
Dimensions: 34.3mm x 29.5mm x 11.7mm
No driver is needed
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $9.95 for Express Post (Overnight for most of Australia, 2+ days for rural, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.