These Simple RF receivers are the easiest way possible to add wireless control, painlessly! There's no programming, configuring or addressing - simply power the receiver with 5-10VDC and press the buttons on Adafruit's matching RF keyfob remote. When the A button is pressed, it activates the first pin, when the B button is pressed, it activates the second one, and so forth for all four buttons. There's no microcontroller required, its just a simple one-to-one link.
These modules make it easy to control your project once its in an enclosure or from across the room, but there are some things to watch out for. One is that they do not have 'addressing' - if you have multiple receivers in a room, they'll all work at the same time with a single remote. Another is that there's no error checking or bi-directional link - that means the remote doesn't know if the module received the message or not. Third, there are a few different types of receivers and each one looks identical but they're act differently!
- The M4 momentary type acts like a push button - when the A button is held down, the matching pin goes high. When the A button is released, the matching pin goes low. The pins only go high when a button is pressed
- The T4 toggle type acts like an alternating toggle switch - when the A button is pressed the first time, the matching pin goes high. When the A button is pressed a second time, the matching pin goes low. The pins are turned on and off by repeated presses
- The L4 latch type acts like a selector switch - when the A button is pressed the first time, the matching pin goes high. When the B button is pressed it turns A's pin off and turns B's pin on. When C is pressed, it turns B off, etc. Only one is on at a time. If you press the same button twice, it doesn't turn that pin off.
This product ID is for the Momentary M4 type! It only includes the receiver module, you will also need to pick up a keyfob transmitter Each receiver also has a VT pin, which will go high if any of the pins are activated. You can sort of use it as an 'interrupt' indicator.
Check this video for a more visual description:
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.