This is the latest version of the Simon SMD soldering kit, the surface mount version of our popular Simon Kit. It’s considered an intermediate kit for people who have soldered before and wish to learn how to solder surface mount components. Don’t worry, we’ve added extras of the small components to help you out if you misplace a super tiny resistor.
We’ve made a lot of subtle changes to the latest version which make it easier for someone to solder with little surface mount experience.
- 1 x ATmega328 based Simon PCB
- 2 x AA Battery Clips
- 2 x Slide switches
- 4 x LED (Yellow, Blue, Red, Green)
- 4 x Screws
- 4 x Plastic Standoffs
- 1 x Rubber 4-Button Pad
- 1 x Button Pad Frame
- 6 x 330 Ohm Resistors
- 3 x 10k Ohm Resistor
- 1 x 47uF Capacitor
- 1 x 10uF Capacitor
- 3 x 0.1uF Capacitor
- 1 x MBRA140 Diode
- 1 x 22uH Inductor
- 1 x NCP1402 SOT-23-5 IC
- 1 x ATmega328 TQFP IC (Pre-Programmed!)
- 1 x Buzzer
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.