This is a SIM card reader/writer kit for experimentation and investigation of SIM & Smart cards. Once the kit is assenbled, accompanying software can be used to read and write from the card. Together they can be used to backup stored SIM card data, recover deleted SMS's and phone contacts, examine the last 10 phone numbers dialed, etc. (Despite being called a SIM reader, it can also write to SIM cards)
This project is fairly easy and can be soldered together within an hour, even if you've never soldered before!
The kit includes PCB and all necessary components. Basic hand/soldering tools, 9V battery, SIM card and serial cable are not included. For a list of what is included in the kit, please check the parts list.
Graphical software runs on Mac, Windows and Linux and is free & open source. Computers without DB-9 serial ports (such as Macs and some laptops) can use either a USB-serial converter or a FTDI USB-TTL cable.
There's tons more information at the webpage!
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $9.95 for Express Post (Overnight for most of Australia, 2+ days for rural, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.