If you're like me, you've always wanted a smaller and faster way to sense an object between 2 and 10 centimeters away. If you're really like me, you've wanted the sensor to come with a low current draw and on a tiny carrier board with all of the external components required to make it work.
The Polulu Carrier with Sharp GP2Y0D810Z0F Digital Distance Sensor fits those both needs and more. it's one of Sharp's fastest distance sensors - with a sample rate of almost 400 Hz and is an attractive alternative to short range phototransistors and longer range analog distance sensors.
Output is high normally and low when the sensor detects an object. This sensor only tells if the object's nearby - not how near or far the sensor is - so they're great for break-beam, obstacle detection, and object counting.
This sensor comes with a 3-pin male header and a 3-pin right-angle male header. You can connect these pins with a servo cable. The square pad is ground, middle is VIN, and the remaining pad is output. If you place a large capacitor (more than 10uF) between power and ground you should see an increase in performance.
We carry a large variety of Sharp Distance sensors here if this fellow isn't what you're looking for.
- Dimensions: 22mm x 9mm x 10mm / 0.9" x 0.4" x 0.4"
- Weight: 1.3g
- Operating Voltage: 2.7 V to 6.2 V
- Average Current Consumption: 5 mA
- Distance Measuring Range: 20mm to 100mm / 0.8" to 3.9"
- Steady State Update Period: 2.56ms
- Sample Rate: ~400 Hz
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.