Forrest M. Mims III has written more than sixty books about science, lasers, computers, and electronics. In 1993, He received a prestigious Rolex Award for a simple instrument that he developed to measure the ozone layer. He is a member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), the National Science Teachers Association, the Texas Academy of Science and many scientific organizations. When this guy put together a set of electronics reference books, we were excited to get them. The Engineer’s Mini Notebook series is a set of four handbooks that lay out, in plain language, the foundation of electrical and electronic knowledge. Our engineer’s here at SparkFun cited several things in these books that they remembered learning in school, stuff that turned out being really useful.
You can use the plans in Science and Communication Circuits & Projects to make a simple seismometer by hanging a magnet over a coil; build a sun photometer and make accurate measurements of haze in the atmosphere; study rain, lightning, clouds, sunlight, water, temperature, and other topics; and build a wide variety of lightwave and radio communication circuits.
- Author: Forrest M. Mims III
- Publisher: Master Publishing, Inc.
- Paperback: 144 pages
- ISBN-10: 0945053320
- ISBN-13: 978-0945053323
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.