Our friends over at LinkSprite have made this nifty little RS485 Shield, now you will be able to have a communication port for your field bus directly connected to your Arduino! Even though the RS485 is sometimes thought as an “archaic” protocol, it will allow up to 32 devices to communicate through the same data line over a cable length of up to 4000ft with a maximum data rate of 10Mbit/s. Those aren’t bad numbers!
This shield comes pre-assembled so all you will need to do is just snap it right into your Arduino and get programming.
Note: The shield has an unpopulated footprint for a DB9 connector. Check below if you need to add the connector. Otherwise you can use the screw terminals.
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.