Our friends over at LinkSprite have made this nifty little RS485 Shield V3 for the Raspberry Pi, now you will be able to have a communication port for your field bus directly connected to your RPi! Even though the RS485 is sometimes thought as an “archaic” protocol, it will allow up to 32 devices to communicate through the same data line over a cable length of up to 4,000ft with a maximum data rate of 10Mbit/s. Those aren’t bad numbers!
This shield comes pre-assembled so all you will need to do is just snap it right onto your Raspberry Pi and get programming. The RS485 Shield V3 is compatible with Raspberry Pi B, B+ and Raspberry Pi 2.
Note: The shield has an unpopulated footprint for a DB9 connector. Check below if you need to add the connector. Otherwise you can use the screw terminals.
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade