This fun and educational introduction to the exciting field of robotics (the science of designing, building, and operating robots) gives kids the basic tools for creating their own robots using ordinary craft materials and parts salvaged from recycled toys and other household devices. Early chapters teach budding roboticists how to create working models of robot hands and write “pencil and paper” computer programs, while later chapters show them how to build robots that move and react to light or touch.
A great gateway to getting kids interested in STEM subjects (science, technology, engineering, and math), the activities in this book let kids use all their talents to come up with creative solutions to tricky problems and figure out how things work.
- Author: Kathy Ceceri
- Illustrator: Sam Carbaugh
- Publisher: Nomad Press
- Paperback: 128 pages
- ISBN-10: 1-9367-4975-0
- ISBN-13: 978-1-9367-4975-1
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.