Here is the breakout board for the RFM22B which gives you access to the pins. The RFM22B is a low-cost ISM (industrial, scientific, and medical) FSK (frequency-shift keying) transceiver module which offers communication at 434MHz and adjustable output power of up to +17 dBm. The wide operating voltage range of 1.8–3.6 V and low current consumption makes the RFM22 an ideal solution for battery powered applications.
Communication with the RFM22B is achieved via a standard 4-wire SPI interface. Three configurable general purpose I/Os are also available, the use of which can be tailored towards the needs of your project. A host of other features are also available including an 8-bit ADC, temperature sensor, RX and TX FIFOs, and low-battery detection. See the datasheet below for a complete description of every register and command.
In our testing, a 17cm wire attached to the ‘ANT’ pin worked just fine. A hole is drilled next to the ‘ANT’ pin for strain relief.
- Frequency Range = 434 MHz
- Sensitivity = -118 dBm
- +17 dBm Max Output Power (Configurable)
- Low Power Consumption
- Data Rate = 1 to 128 kbps
- Power Supply = 1.8 to 3.6 V
- Ultra low power shutdown mode
- Digital RSSI
- Auto-frequency calibration (AFC)
- Configurable packet structure
- Preamble detector
- TX and RX 64 byte FIFOs
- Low battery detector
- Temperature sensor and 8-bit ADC
- -40 to +85 °C temperature range
- Integrated voltage regulators
- Frequency hopping capability
- FSK, GFSK, and OOK modulation
- Low BOM
- Power-on-reset (POR)
Dimensions: 0.63x0.63in (16x16mm)
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.