This is the RFduino DIP board, a finger-tip sized, Arduino compatible, wireless enabled microcontroller. What makes the RFduino great is the fact that it runs Arduino code and can do everything an Arduino can, plus much more. When used in conjunction with the RFduino USB shield, simply plug the RFduino into a USB port of any computer and use the Arduino IDE to load your Arduino sketch, which automatically begins running on the RFduino. Then you can detach the RFduino USB shield and plug the RFduino directly into your project. It’s that easy!
The RFduino is a Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy BLE RF Module with Built-In ARM Cortex-M0 and RFD22301 SMT module for rapid development and prototyping projects. The RFduino operates at 3V and 18mA (4uA ULP), transmits of a 2.4 GHz band, and offers 128kb of flash memory with 8kb of ram. Via a Bluetooth connection with your iOS device you even run a series of free apps to control various shields through the RFduino DIP board.
Note: The RFduino DIP requires USB Shield for programming.
- Operating Voltage: 3V (Max 3.6V, Low 1.9V)
- Transmit/Recieve Current: 18mA (4uA ULP)
- 16MHz ARM Cortex-M0 CPU
- 128kb Flash
- 8kb Ram
- Bluetooth LE RF Module
- 2.4 GHz Band
- Transmit Power: 4dbm
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.