This is the RFduino Dev Kit, a great duo of products in one box to help you get you started with and teach you the basics of RFduino. Inside this kit you will find two RFduino boards, the DIP mainboard and the USB shield. When attached, these two boards will be able to connect to the USB port on your computer and get your code through the Arduino IDE onto the RFduino DIP board.
The RFduino is a Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy BLE RF Module with Built-In ARM Cortex-M0 and RFD22301 SMT module for rapid development and prototyping projects. The RFduino operates at 3V and 18mA (4uA ULP), transmits of a 2.4 GHz band, and offers 128kb of flash memory with 8kb of ram. Via a Bluetooth connection with your iOS device you even run a series of free apps to control various shields through the RFduino DIP board. Meanwhile, on-board the RFduino USB Shield is a 3.3V regulator which can be used to supply power to the RFduino DIP module as well as other shields and possibly the rest of your circuit.
With this kit you won’t need to worry about buying the USB shield separately from the RFduino DIP, it’s all in one box and ready to be used right away!
- Operating Voltage: 3V (Max 3.6V, Low 1.9V)
- Transmit/Recieve Current: 18mA (4uA ULP)
- 16MHz ARM Cortex-M0 CPU
- 128kb Flash
- 8kb Ram
- Bluetooth LE RF Module
- 2.4 GHz Band
- Transmit Power: 4dbm
- USB Shield Max Current: 500mA
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.