So you've got your Pi 3 with its built-in wireless LAN and Bluetooth, but what about your Pi Zero? Say hello to the IoT pHAT from Red Bear! This Zero-size board provides WiFi (802.11bgn / 2.4GHz) and Bluetooth (v4.1 / BTLE) connectivity direct from the GPIO header. You don’t need to use a dongle plugged into the Pi Zero’s solitary data micro-USB port via a USB OTG adapter. Just snap it on top of a Raspberry Pi Zero (or really, any Raspberry Pi with a 2x20 connector)!
The IoT pHAT provides a neat and convenient way to add WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity to your Pi Zero, while freeing up the USB data port. Using the same wireless radio chip as the Pi 3 results in reliable signal strength and quality via an on-board or optional external antenna.
As with other pHATs, it works with all of the 40-pin Raspberry Pi variants - 2/B+/A+/Zero - but using it with the Pi Zero makes for a super-tiny package.
- AMPAK AP6212A Wireless Module (Broadcom BCM43438 A1 chip inside)
- WiFi (802.11bgn / 2.4GHz)
- Bluetooth (4.1) and BLE support
- Single antenna for concurrent WiFi and Bluetooth operations
- Onboard PCB antenna
- External antenna connector
- Antenna switch for extenal antenna
- 32 Kbit (4 KByte) EEPROM for DTOverlay configuration
- 40-pin connector
- WiFi: SDIO v2.0 - up to 20 MHz clock rate
- Bluetooth: UART (up to 4 Mbps)
- FCC/CE certified
Note: This product comes unassembled and will require some light soldering. They also offer an assembled version.
Pi Zero not included!
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.