The RaspiRobot Board v3 is an expansion board designed to turn your Raspberry Pi into a motor controller! This board comes fully assembled and includes a switched-mode power supply so you can supply your Raspberry Pi from a variety of battery packs.
The v3 fits right on top of your Pi's GPIO socket and allows for bi-directional control of both motors with an L293D H-Bridge motor driver chip. It also allows for control of both motor's speed independently and to use lower voltage motors than the voltage of your battery pack. The board can also supply the Raspberry Pi with up to 2 amps of power using a switch mode power supply, allowing you to run a fully-loaded Pi and the robot from 6xAA batteries (not included!)
Good for use with any two 5-12V DC Motors or Steppers!
- Dual bi-directional motor control using TB6612FNG dual H-bridge
- Dual open drain 2A MOSFET outputs
- Socket for HC-SRo4 Rangfinder
- Socket for 5V i2c Interface
- Provides 5V regulated power to Raspberry Pi (efficient SMPS)
- 2 x user controllable LEDs
- 2 x header pins for switches
- Reverse polarity protection
- Open Source Python Software library
- Screw terminals for motor connections
Note: As Tuesday, January 12th 2016, we are now selling the RaspiRobot v3! Here are the main changes from the v2:
- More efficient TB6612FNG motor driver
- Higher power (2A) open collector outputs
- Power to motors now supplied from battery side instead of regulated side
- Updated library allow you to specify battery voltage (9V to 12V) and motor voltage (1V up to the battery supply voltage)
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.