Raspberry Pi Model A+ has 40pin extended GPIO so user can build even bigger and better projects than ever before. The first 26 pins are identical to the Model A to provide 100% backward compatibility for your projects. Micro SD slot instead of the full size SD slot for storing information and loading your operating systems. The Board can now provide up to 1.2 AMP to the USB port enabling user to connect more power hungry USB devices directly to the Raspberry PI. (This feature requires a 2Amp micro USB Power Supply) The A+ board now uses less power (600mA) than the Model A Board (750mA) when running.
- 700MHz Broadcom BCM2835 CPU with 256MB RAM
- 40pin extended GPIO
- 1 x USB 2 ports
- 4 pole Stereo output and Composite video port
- Full size HDMI
- CSI camera port for connecting the Raspberry Pi camera
- DSI display port for connecting the Raspberry Pi touch screen display
- Micro SD port for loading your operating system and storing data
- Micro USB power source
- Smaller board footprint and is fully HAT compatible
- Stream and watch Hi-definition video output at 1080P
- Combined 4-pole jack for connecting your stereo audio out and composite video out
Model A+ to Model A Comparison:
- Same Broadcom BCM2835 Chipset
- Same 256MB RAM
- Same full size HDMI port
- Same CSI camera port and DSI display ports
- Same micro USB power supply connection
Key Improvements from Model A to Model A+:
- More energy efficient / uses less power
- Supports a smarter board layout including an expanded GPIO header (40 pin instead of 26)
- Micro SD Card port protecting your SD card from damage
- Improved power management – now possible to drive ‘power hungry’ USB devices directly from your Raspberry Pi.
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.