Most widgets could benefit from a shiny touchscreen interface. Unfortunately, it’s usually not easy to hook up a touchscreen and driving a display is often too taxing on your controller. 4D Systems has solved this problem by creating a series of touchscreens with on-board controllers then combining them with adapters for popular platforms like Raspberry Pi and Arduino!
The Raspberry Pi Display Module Pack includes a uLCD-43-PT 4.3" LCD Display with Resistive Touch, a 4D Pi Adapter and 5 way interface cable. It customizes the uLCD-43-PT Display specifically for interfacing with the Raspberry Pi, to provide a quick and easy interface without any wiring hassles.
The RPi Display Kit lets you quickly connect the 4D Pi Adapter Shield to your Raspberry Pi, connect the 5 way cable between the Adapter and the Display Module, and be connected in seconds to start programming. There’s even a comprehensive library written to communicate with the Raspberry Pi, allowing Visi-Genie (A serial-based interface design tool) events to be easily understood by the Raspberry Pi and user code.
Like the other displays from 4D Systems you will need a USB Serial adapter to program this module. Unfortunately, our FTDI Basic Breakout won’t work. Check the related items below for 4D Systems' FT232RQ breakout.
Note: This is not a monitor for the Raspberry Pi, it is an LCD module that requires programming.
- uLCD-43-PT Display Module with Resistive Touch
- 4D Pi Adapter Shield
- 5 way ribbon cable (this is not the Programming Cable)
- Display Module powered directly off the Raspberry Pi’s 5V bus
- Serial commands from the Raspberry Pi
- Comprehensive Raspberry Pi Libraries (For Serial or ViSi-Genie)
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.