Upgrades! The Ultimate Media Center Kit upgrades the smaller keyboard/mouse remote to the full sized keyboard (pictured) with additional media buttons and controls. It's our favorite keyboard/mouse combo.
This Raspberry Pi kit provides you with all of the hardware you need to setup and install a fully-functioning Media Center or Home Theater PC (HTPC). The newest model of Raspberry Pi has an upgraded WiFi chip so streaming HD video is now a reality. With the included software you can have your Media center integrate into your home network with minimal fuss. It's as close to plug and play as we can find!
- Complete Kit - This kit has everything you'll need to get your media center running.
- Wireless Control - The included remote control features a full qwerty keyboard and touchpad mouse. Plug the USB dongle into the Pi and you'll have a working remote. No drivers/setup needed.
- HDMI ready - The included cable will connect with any modern monitor or television via the HDMI port. It's plug and play too, just connect it and go.
- Software ready to go - The SD card comes preloaded with the Media Center software. Run through the setup wizard to initialise the board to your home network on first boot.
- Customisable interface and applications - The media center software is customisable in almost everyway, so you'll have a unique user interface. You can also add applications to the media center to enable easy playback of web video content (YouTube, etc).
How to setup your Media Center Kit
Once you've got all your parts the process is pretty straightforward. Insert the SD card into the Raspberry Pi, get your USB dongle from the rear-side of the remote and insert that to the Pi, connect power and HDMI to your display and run through the setup wizard. It's just that easy.
We've even got a guide on how you can setup the kit, if you need a little extra help with it.
And if you've got it setup and want some help installing Addon software (YouTube for example), we wrote a short guide for that too!
As always, we're full-time makers and have our own Media Center setups at home, so we have plenty of touch-time and experience with the software. Get in touch with us if you need help.
What you get in this kit
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ (the newest 2018 version)
- Wireless Keyboard with Touchpad and Media Buttons/Controls
- HDMI 2 Meter Cable for Raspberry Pi
- Power Supply for Raspberry Pi 3
- LibreELEC preinstalled on a 16GB microSD card
- Raspberry Pi 3 Official Case
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- Raspberry Pi Workshop for Beginners
Welcome to the Raspberry Pi Workshop for Beginners! Here you'll be able to follow along with our series of bite-sized videos that cover everything you'll need to know to get started with your Raspberry Pi, and start making awesome projects. My name...
- C Programming for Makers
Welcome to the C Programming Workshop for Makers! Here you'll be able to follow along with our series of easily digestible videos that cover everything you'll need to know to on your way with C programming and start making awesome projects. As you pr...
- How to install Addons to Kodi Media Center
UPDATE: This tutorial has been updated for the Krypton release of Kodi (Version 17) If you have built yourself a home media center using a Raspberry Pi, you're one step ahead of most people out there. The pure joy that comes from having a dedicated ...
- Raspberry Pi Kodi Media Centre
Media centres are everywhere nowadays, from smart TV’s with built in media apps, to standalone lounge room boxes to watch all your favourite shows on. With the new features found on the Raspberry Pi 3, it makes sense for it to become a serious ...
- Digital Signage with the Raspberry Pi
A big project request for the Raspberry Pi is the ability to make a digital sign, that loops images/videos/other media fullscreen with no interactivity. This can be a great way to display dashboards, promotional videos and other media. For past revis...
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
- Mass SD card Image Writer
We've built a mass SD card writer using a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B, some USB hubs and SD card readers. This beast has enough ports to write 49 SD cards at once! At Core Electronics, sometimes logistics hang-ups mean that suppliers cannot meet our demand for pre-flashed SD cards. During these periods we have to pick up the slack by manually imaging blank SD cards we source ourselves. Of course, this is a super-tedious process, and ...
- Raspberry Pi IoT Doorbell
This Raspberry Pi, IoT Doorbell is basically a simple smart Door Bell, which takes a photo of whoever rings it, and emails it to the specified email address, and keeps all the photos in a folder. (along with going Ding-Dong). Any Problems, just leave a comment/start a discussion below....
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $9.95 for Express Post (Overnight for most of Australia, 2+ days for rural, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.