2 YEARS OF SIGFOX CONNECTIVITY INCLUDED
The SiPy is a triple bearer MicroPython enabled microcontroller perfect enterprise-grade IoT platform for your connected Things. With the latest Espressif ESP32 chipset the SiPy offers a perfect combination of power, friendliness, and flexibility. Create and connect your things everywhere. Fast. Our module is CE, FCC, IC, and RCM certified!
The SiPy is a multi-network (Sigfox, WiFi and BLE) development platform. It is programmable with MicroPython and the Pymakr IDE for fast IoT application development, easy programming in-field and extra resilience with network failover. The best blend of speed to deployment and access to new LPWAN networks rolling out across Europe, USA, Africa and India. You can also configure the SiPy in FSK mode to send packets directly from SiPy to SiPy. This way you can create the network configuration of your choice and then use another SiPy as central Nano-Gateway to forward the data to the cloud via WiFi. Our module is CE, FCC, IC and RCM certified!
NOTE: The SiPy includes 2-years of Sigfox connectivity.
NOTE: Using the Sigfox radio without the external antenna can lead to damage of the device and is therefore not recommended.
- Powerful CPU, BLE and state of the art WiFi radio
- 1KM WiFi range
- MicroPython enabled
- Fits in a standard breadboard (with headers)
- Ultra-low power usage: a fraction compared to other connected micro controllers
- Espressif ESP32 chipset
- Dual processor and WiFi radio system on chip
- Network processor handles the WiFi connectivity and the IPv6 stack
- Main processor is entirely free to run the user application
- An extra ULP-coprocessor that can monitor GPIOs, the ADC channels and control most of the internal peripherals during deep-sleep mode while only consuming 25uA
Sigfox Operating Frequencies
- RCZ1 – 868MHz (Europe)
- RCZ2 – 902MHz (US, Canada and Mexico)
- RCZ3 – (Japan and Korea)
- RCZ4 – 920-922MHz (ANZ, Latin America and S-E Asia)
- 2 x UART, 2 x SPI, I2C, I2S, micro SD card
- Analog channels: 8×12 bit ADCs
- Timers: 4×16 bit with PWM and input capture
- DMA on all peripherals
- GPIO: Up to 24
Hash / Encryption
- SHA, MD5, DES, AES
- 802.11b/g/n 16mbps
- Low energy and classic
- Running at 32KHz
- Node range: Up to 50km
Security & Certifications
- SSL/TLS support
- WPA Enterprise security
- AES encryption engine
- RAM: 512kb
- Flash Memory: 4MB
- GPIO: Up to 24
- Hardware floating point acceleration
- Python multi-threading
- TI CC1125NarrowbandTransceiver
- Class 0 device. Maximum Tx power:
- +14dBm (Europe)
- +22dBm (America)
- +22dBm (Australia and New Zealand)
- Node range: Up to 50km
- Sigfox certified
- Voltage Input: 3.3V – 5.5V
- 3v3 output apable of sourcing up to 400mA
- WiFi: 12mA in active mode, 5uA in standy
- Sigfox (Europe): 17mA in Rx mode, 47mA in Tx mode and 0.5uA in standby
- Sigfox (Australia, New Zealand and South America): 24mA in Rx mode, 257 mA in Tx mode and 0.5uA in standby
Size: 55mm x 20mm x 3.5mm (Without Headers)
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- MicroPython Primer for Makers - What is MicroPython?
This Tutorial is all about the MicroPython Programming Language. We will discuss what MicroPython is, why you will want to use it in your projects and we will share some resources to help you learn further! What is MicroPython? MicroPython is an ...
- Pycom Bluetooth
Bluetooth is a low-power radio technology used to link devices wirelessly. Most commonly recognised as the way to link a mobile phone to a car or speaker, it has many uses beyond that. The "low power" aspect is not a shortcoming, as a large proportio...
- Pycom SiPy Overview
If there’s an odd one in the Pycom family of microprocessor boards it’s this one, the SiPy. There’s nothing wrong with it, it’s just that its sister board the LoPy4 has the same capabilities as SiPy, plus a LoRa radio, fo...
- Internet of Things with Pycom and Adafruit IO - From Zero to Hero
Introduction We’re going from zero to hero. Starting from nothing we’ll get a WiPy communicating with Adafruit IO, an IoT service out on the Internet. We’ll be able to send data from the device to the cloud and control the device f...
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $9.95 for Express Post (Overnight for most of Australia, 2+ days for rural, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.