Sometimes a simple analog control device can be the perfect tactile solution for your project, but they can be surprisingly hard to come by. Luckily Adafruit have found a low cost, quality PSP 3000 2-Axis Analog Thumb Joystick to fulfill your directional analog input needs!
This is a replacement component for the PSP 3000, but we think they'd make for a great little joystick/thumbstick add-on for a wearable, or portable project. It's similar to this other version, but has a cable for connecting rather than direct-solder
The joystick is a 'self-centering' analog-type. That means it basically acts like two 10K potentiometers, one for up/down and another for left/right. It has a built-in flex cable that can plug right into a fine pitch (0.5mm) connector. The four pins connect to power, ground and then two analog outputs. As the joystick is moved around, the voltage will follow the motion. When you release the joystick it will center itself.
Product Dimensions: 44.1mm x 18.6mm x 11.7mm / 1.7" x 0.7" x 0.5"
Product Weight: 1.8g / 0.1oz
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.