The Printrbot Simple is an exercise in 3D printing minimalism. It includes only what is needed to get started in the world of 3D printing. After building this kit you'll have a fully-functioning 3D printer that weighs only 10 lbs and fits nicely on your desk
Please note! the Printrbot is a kit and not for beginners! You'll get all the parts to assemble your own 3D printer but it does require some technical expertise, time and effort to assemble.
As of October 17th, 2014 Adafruit are shipping the new version of the PrintrBot Simple Kit with the following features & upgrades:
- Auto-Leveling Z-Probe - works with software to calibrate Z axis height
- Aluminum Extruder (direct drive) - 1.75mm Ubis Hot End with 0.4mm nozzle
- GT2 aluminum 20 tooth dual flange belts
- GT2 belts on X and Y axis
- Printerbot Rev F Printerboard with micro-USB connection (cable included) and micro SD card slot for untethered printing
- Aluminum Z Axis coupler
- Auto Level sensor
- Improved rigidity
- Cleaner design with electronics underneath the printer
- Clearly labeled laser cut parts for easier assembly
- All 4 motors are large Nema 17 stepper motors
- New fan shroud design
- 4″x4″x4.5″ build
- 1/4″ acme
- .1mm resolution layer height
- 6061 aircraft aluminum - Metal print bed
- Weight: 9.3 lbs
- Dimensions: 10" x 10" x 4"
- Build Volume: 4" x 4" x 4.5"
- Filament Type: PLA
- Hot End: UBis 1.75mm
- Print Resolution: 50+ Microns
- Tip Size: 0.4mm
- Print Speed: 60-65mm/min
- Actual Footprint of Assembled Printrbot Simple: 8" x 14" x 11"
- Shipping Dimensions: 10" x 10" x 4"
- Shipping Weight: 8 lbs
- Power Requirements: 12V (6 amp) laptop power supply (included)
For technical support with your Printrbot visit the Printrbot knowledge base, the Printrbot forums, contact Printrbot. For missing/replacement parts, warranty assistance visit the Printrbot support center.
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.