Adafruit's Pimoroni pals have curated a beautifully modern Mood Light Kit that'll look great on your bedside table, bookcase, or desk. It's even internet-connected!
This kit has just-about-everything you'll need: Pimoroni's Unicorn pHAT board with 32 programmable RGB Neopixel LEDs, diffuser, power adapter, and a beautifully acrylic enclosure to make it look like a lamps. It even includes a Pi Zero W. All you need is to add your own micro-SD card and USB power supply. It'll take you around 30 minutes to assemble everything (check out Pimoroni's assembly guide for details).
Set it to a single color, have it fade through all the colors of the rainbow, or harness the built-in wireless LAN on the Pi Zero W.
- Pi Zero W
- Unicorn pHAT with 32 programmable RGB Neopixel LEDs
- Male and female 2x20 pin headers
- White and yellow pendant light stand and diffuser
- 50cm USB A to micro-B cable
- USB A (female) to USB OTG adapter
- Mini to full-size HDMI adapter
- Sticker sheet (personalize your Mood Light!)
- Comes in a reusable kit box
Mood Light uses the popular Unicorn pHAT board, with 32 programmable RGB Neopixel LEDs, giving you a veritable rainbow full of color possibilities. The stand cleverly mounts the Pi Zero W and Unicorn pHAT at just the right angle to cast the light through the pendant light cutout and diffuse it beautifully.
The built-in wireless LAN on the Pi Zero W opens up a wealth of opportunities: connect it to your Twitter feed and track the mood of your recent tweets, or fade through the sunset and sunrise colors once you've pulled the daily sunset/sunrise times from your favorite weather server.
- 8x4 matrix of programmable RGB Neopixel LEDs
- 3-layer white and yellow pendant light stand and diffuser
- Pi Zero W with single core CPU and built-in wireless LAN and Bluetooth
- Adaptor kit
- 50cm USB A to micro-B cable (power your Pi from an existing charger or computer)
- Python library
- Female and male headers require soldering
Assembled size of Mood Light is 85x125x70mm (WxHxD).
- Pimoroni's handy one-line installer will install the Unicorn pHAT Python library for you. They've included a bunch of examples too, to show off what you can do with Unicorn pHAT.
- For product support, replacement parts and warranty for Pimoroni products visit the Pimoroni forum or contact Pimoroni directly.
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- Raspberry Pi Workshop for Beginners
Welcome to the Raspberry Pi Workshop for Beginners! Here you'll be able to follow along with our series of bite-sized videos that cover everything you'll need to know to get started with your Raspberry Pi, and start making awesome projects. My name...
- Using USB and Bluetooth Controllers with Python
The Raspberry Pi is an amazing piece of technology, and it’s the platform of choice for all kinds of projects. Something that makes it great is the integration of complex hardware that is taken care of for you. For example, if you wanted to use...
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
- Maintaining a Project with Git
Let's have a very quick look at Git and Github - Git is an enormous topic, so this won't be an exhaustive tutorial but by the end of it we'll have a working knowledge of basic git workflow. I'll be showing this tutorial on a Raspberry Pi, ...
- Pimoroni Blinkt: Setup and first script
Not quite sure how to get started with your Pimoroni Blinkt module? Let's set one up and have a play around! We'll guide you through the installation, open up some examples and try our hand at writing a simple program. You'll need: A Raspberry Pi...
- Basics: Getting Started with the Terminal on Raspberry Pi
In this tutorial we’ll be getting familiar with basic use of the Raspberry Pi terminal. We’ll cover navigating the file-system, making directories, writing and editing text files, and just touch on the use of wildcards. To get started wi...
- Mass SD card Image Writer
We've built a mass SD card writer using a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B, some USB hubs and SD card readers. This beast has enough ports to write 49 SD cards at once! At Core Electronics, sometimes logistics hang-ups mean that suppliers cannot meet our demand for pre-flashed SD cards. During these periods we have to pick up the slack by manually imaging blank SD cards we source ourselves. Of course, this is a super-tedious process, and ...
- Raspberry Pi IoT Doorbell
This Raspberry Pi, IoT Doorbell is basically a simple smart Door Bell, which takes a photo of whoever rings it, and emails it to the specified email address, and keeps all the photos in a folder. (along with going Ding-Dong). Any Problems, just leave a comment/start a discussion below....
- Retro Hand held Pi Zero
I bought a Pi zero w from Core Electronics for a friend, also bought the official case too but thought I'd fit the Pi into something he can show off! I used an old hand held game case I had laying around, I had to remove the original circuit board and plan where to place the Pi board....
This is an awesome project that takes about 6 hours to complete. Hours upon hours of endless fun thereafter! Ideally, some prior soldering experience is advantageous but if you take your time and practice before you start it's beginner friendly! The battery will give just over 3 hours on a single charge and can be recharged via the handy micro USB port. System updates, ROM transfers etc all possible with the Pi Zero W' built in...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.