The MINI.MU is MI.MU's make-it-yourself musical glove for young engineers. It's a collaboration between Grammy Award-winning musician-goddess Imogen Heap, creative technologist and children’s author Helen Leigh, Pimoroni, and the MI.MU glove team. This kit uses the micro:bit to create a friendly, simple and fun crafty code experience.
“I didn’t want to ‘hold’ anything but wanted really detailed control. I didn’t want to ‘break the flow’ of the performance or being in the zone by having to walk over to something to interact with it. The gloves are like a second skin. They are part of me. An extension of me. I become hyperreal. I’m not forced into having to be in one place or stopping what I’m doing.” – Imogen Heap
Unlike those advanced gloves, the MINI.MU are lower cost, and easier to make so any kid can build their own. They come with a speaker so they make noise on their own, or you can use the micro:bit's built in Bluetooth LE radio to send motion data from the glove to a computer, tablet or phone.
We really dig projects that combine science and the arts, especially wearables. Playing around with MINI.MU encourages creative coding and progressing from simple block code and 8-bit tunes to more advanced maker fun.
- Felt with screen-printed glove patterns
- MINI.MU sewable speaker
- Needle and thread
- Alligator clips
- Battery pack
- 2 x AAA batteries
- USB data cable
- Instructions how to make, wire, code, and play
Please Note: Suitability will vary based on experience and knowledge, but Pimoroni recommends this kit as follows:
- Ages 6 and up: With full adult-assistance for sewing and coding.
- Ages 8 and up: With some adult-assistance for sewing and coding.
- Ages 10+: Minimal adult-assistance to get started.
- Not recommended for makers aged 5 and below.
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $9.95 for Express Post (Overnight for most of Australia, 2+ days for rural, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.