This is the MCU used for the original IOIO. The PIC24FJ256DA206 is a 16-bit flash microcontroller with an embedded graphics controller and USB On-The-Go (OTG) capabilities.
On-board RAM is provided for display buffer, scratch areas, images and fonts. In some cases, the RAM requirements for the display used exceeds the on-board RAM; external memory connected through EPMP can be used. The embedded graphics module provides acceleration for drawing points, vertical and horizontal lines, rectangles, copying rectangles between different locations on screen, drawing text and decompressing compressed data.
The USB On-The-Go (USB OTG) module provides on-chip functionality as a target device compatible with the USB 2.0 standard, as well as limited stand-alone functionality as a USB embedded host.
- Modified Harvard Architecture
- Up to 16 MIPS Operation at 32 MHz
- 8 MHz Internal Oscillator
- 17-Bit x 17-Bit Single-Cycle Hardware Multiplier
- 32-Bit by 16-Bit Hardware Divider
- 16 x 16-Bit Working Register Array
- On-Chip Voltage Regulator of 1.8V
- Switch between Clock Sources in Real Time
- Idle, Sleep and Doze modes with Fast Wake-up and Two-Speed Start-up
- 10-Bit, up to 24-Channel Analog-to-Digital (A/D) Converter at 500 ksps
- Three Analog Comparators with Programmable Input/Output Configuration
- Operating Voltage Range of 2.2V to 3.6V
- 5.5V Tolerant Input (digital pins only)
- Three Graphics Hardware Accelerators to Facilitate Rendering of Block Copying, Text and Unpacking of Compressed Data
- Color Look-up Table (CLUT) with Maximum of 256 Entries
- ½/4/8/16 bits-per-pixel (bpp) Color Depth Set at Run Time
- Display Resolution Programmable According to Frame Buffer
- USB v2.0 On-The-Go (OTG) Compliant
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.