The Raspberry Pi open source laptop that you've been waiting for has arrived with the Pi-Top! With this kit you can build your very own "laptop" which at it's core runs off of the famous Raspberry Pi.
The laptop case comes with a screen, base top, base bottom, and the Pi-Top Hub PCB to take care of power management, the screen driver, and more for you. Raspberry Pi not included! A Raspberry Pi 3 is the best Pi to match up with this laptop kit.
The mission of Pi-Top is to take users from a beginner level to an advanced level of programming, design, and comfort. Let's get computing!
What's in the box?
- Screen - Connect the screen by simply slotting the metal hinge into the base bottom piece. A single cable is plugged into the Pi-Top Hub and away you go!
- Base Top - Attach and remove the base top piece by sliding it over the base bottom and pressing down. You will hear a satisfying 'click' when you have popped it into place.
- Base Bottom - The base bottom contains the battery and modular rail where you will pop in the Hub and Raspberry Pi 2. No wires or tools are required, like a lego laptop you snap everything into place. The Pi-Top smart battery pack is protected by a sheet of brushed stainless steel, so you can be sure your battery is securely in place.
- Hub - With over 150 components on this circuit board, the Pi-Top Hub PCB takes care of power management, our screen driver and a host of other functionality which allows us to turn the Raspberry Pi into a great open source laptop.
- 8GB SD Card with Pi-Top OS. The OS gets updated from time to time with great new features, you can download the latest version from https://www.pi-top.com/product/pi-top-os
- Cables connecting Pi-Top pieces
- Instruction Booklet
Shipping weight reflects UPS' new dimensional weight regulations.
- Screen Details:
- 13.3” HD LCD screen with eDP interface
- 1366x768 resolution
- Colour active matrix TFT LCD module with anti-glare finish
- 3W power consumption
- PWM screen dim control (available on PCB rail)
- 60Hz refresh rate
- 262K colours
- eDP 1.2 interface
- Base Top:
- Fully reprogrammable via USB
- Any character can be put on any key position, to suit user’s exact preferences
- UK and US vinyl layouts available
- 2.2mm operating distance
- 28 pin FPC cable
- PalmCheck feature helps prevents unwanted mouse clicks
- PS/2 interface
- 1N mouse click operating force
- 8 pin FPC cable
- Base Bottom:
- Smart Battery Pack
- Two–wire SMBus v2.0 interface
- JEITA recommended charge profile
- Over–current, over–voltage, over–temperature and short–circuit protection
- Charge balancing for extenxed lifetime
- 51.8 Watt–hour capacity
- 10–12 hours run time
- Power management
- Screen driver (HDMI to eDP conversion)
- Battery LED indicators
- 18V. 3A input
- 5V. 3.5A output
- 3.3V 500mA output
- Persistent 3.3V output (available even when powered off)
- PCB rail specification pinout connects UART, I2C and SPI to Raspberry Pi for use with add-on boards.
- Dimensions (assembled): 342mm x 211mm x 45mm / 13.5" x 8.3" x 1.8"
- Weight (assembled with a Pi inside): 1515g / 3.3lb
For product support, replacement parts and warranty contact [email protected] directly.
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.